– [Woman] You know you’re driving? – When in France. – Here’s how I monitor his wine drinking – by drinking half of his glass! – How big is this? Wow. -Mega sized duck leg It falls off the bone Bone – falls – It’s so fatty. Yes my friends. Because we’re in France, this vlog will be in French – But who are we kidding It’s going to be in French-English (Franglais) because My travel companion is Anglophone Snob – Too sweet. We’re live from the French countryside to discover the local culinary pleasures but mainly the wine! A little Chinon? So first a good. We arrived a few days ago One observation Every single thing is closed. Closed, closed, closed,
closed, closed, closed. Even the Chinese restaurant is closed. Well, it’s Chinese slash Vietnamese. They’re never closed. But they’re closed on Monday, so do not visit countryside
of France on a Monday. The only thing that was opened was the Carrefour supermarket Massive thank you Carrefour Thanks to you – we didn’t starve to death (figuring out french conjugaison) nonetheless yesterday was a wonderful day We went to Chinon (the city) a cute little place There’s one restaurant we wanted to eat at but we arrived 30 minutes too late so we’re going to come back to it later after that, we went to Saumur where there was a Castle Chateau time, it’s a little bit cold so I’m a little bit crying. Asians taking pictures. Of course, the castle was also closed And used, no. Closed on Monday. So we asked the wifi what was opened – Lost WI-Fi. – Thank God for city-wide WI-Fi. Good job, France – We have to. It’s open until six.
– It’s open? Okay, run, run! (laughing) We found something that’s open until six. We have one hour. It’s open. – [Man] Bouvet Laduvay, Oh, Ladubay. We ran for our lives We got there – and – Oh my God, best tasting of the day. That’s all the prizes they want. Kind of impressive. And this is only half of it, there was a bunch in
the other room as well. I love bubbles. Oh, oh yeah, this is much more me. You know how we say it, it’s
so basic to love chardonnay. But I loooooove chardonnay. This first one only had 10% chardonnay. It’s good, it’s good, like I mean, who’s gonna say no to bubble. But this one is 100% chardonnay and oh Lord, it has body and it is good. I’m not gonna drink it by the bottle but I can tell you I’m gonna
finish this tasting glass. Complete side note, I kind of poked myself in the eye, earlier and all my eyelashes are stuck together, I don’t know if you can see. Anyway, I need some beauty
tips, if you have beauty tips, tell me, ’cause now my
eyelashes look weird. That was fermented in an oak barrel which means it got some more
nutty taste and toasty taste, but holy I like it because
it is more buttery. When I say in French is
(speaking in foreign language). I used to call it gasolin-ie but that is not a right
word – but you get the idea. It’s more, you know, smooth and deep. But hey, wine, you call it as you wish. So long as you like, that’s what counts. (man laughing)
Why you laughing at me? A red sparkling wine is very unusual. You’ll like it or you don’t. – Red bubbly, you either
like it or you hate it. First time ever. It’s a very subtle bubble
but you only see it, yeah. Cheers, to my first ever red bubble. (anticipatory music) Oh, I love it. How come it’s okay? It’s just a little bit sweet. That has this lovely effervescence. – [Man] For a bubble it’s too sweet. – I am no longer the snob, he is. Snob.
– Too sweet. – No. – [Man] I think we should
get another bottle. – Done, done. – Today. – Fact. Also, can we just take a moment to see how affordable these prices are? It’s like the price of
a glass (of wine) in Montreal. Oh, thank you. Yay, thank. One we were done – we drove around until 7:30PM We went to the first restaurant we wanted to eat at – and Wow, this is gorgeous. And we finally got a spot I think I’m gonna have the menu M too. Thank you. Oh my God, you look so unhappy. Mm, oh. – Yeah.
– Good eats. (people chattering) (laughing) I’m gonna
finish the half bottle. Beautiful color. Whoa, color is super promising. Look at this baby. ♪ Oh ♪ I want more. (woman laughing) (cat meowing) (woman imitates cat purring) Bye, bye, oh. (woman) she’s very cute (woman) she’s 12 years old – Oh.
– Oh. (speaking in foreign language) All right that is that! I hope you enjoy today’s
adventures in Val de Loire. Let me know what you thought of this vlog. What do you think about
these blogs in French. Do you find them quirky, funny, heck you don’t understand a thing and you don’t want to ever see them again. Let me know in the comments below. On this, I’ll see you next time. Probably for more French adventures if I don’t lose my camera or die. Don’t wish me that. If you like this vlog give it a thumbs up and if you’re new to this channel
don’t forget to subscribe.